Thursday 20 December 2012

My Favourite DJs of 2012 Part 1: I'm A House Gangster...



Well, the year started off with a bang in the shape of two of House music's heavy hitters: DJ Sneak and Phil Weeks back2back at Sankeys, Manchester. What a night!

I'd spent many a long night dancing to Sneak's locked-in, jackin' House grooves in the past, but had never managed to catch Mr. Weeks in person. I'd been playing his records for years, hammering the dub of this particular monster regularly, back in my Ibiza days.

Let me tell you, I was not disappointed. Sneak and Phil tore the place up, despite starting their set at 3AM. Luckily that fact meant only the die hard House music fans were left and there was plenty of room to dance.
Their energy and enthusiasm for the music was infectious and fed through to the crowd. The atmosphere was that of being at the best house party you can imagine. Strangers felt like friends, like family. Everybody there for just one thing: The music.
 
Check out the link below to hear the first hour of the set that night.



1 comment:

  1. Dos de los mejores DJs del año, encantador DJ set, un saludo.

    ReplyDelete