Friday 21 December 2012

My Favourite DJs of 2012 Part 3: Mes'd Up


Until my girlfriend went to the Miami WMC in 2011, I'd never heard of DJ Mes, but she was so impressed, and her taste in House music is so good, I had to check him out.

Luckily for me, earlier this year, he was booked to play at South in Manchester. A small venue on a weeknight. Ace! So, we headed down and were blown away. There wasn't a huge crowd, but the atmosphere was brilliant. Mes had just unleashed his new single, "Love Affair", which he finished the night with. The crowd went wild. It's one of my favourite tracks of the year, with a clever use of samples and a rolling, infectious groove. I've played it out myself many a time this last year. We had chance to speak to him too, and he's a very friendly, down to earth guy.

Don't just trust me though, he rubs shoulders with House heavyweights like Sneak, Phil Weeks, DJ Dan and Mark Farina. If that's your bag, you've probably danced to tunes from his hugely popular Guesthouse label.

So, if like I was, you're unfamiliar with DJ Mes, check out the links and the mix below and get Mes'd up!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the honorable mention! Much appreciated. Hope to visit Manchester again very soon:)

    ReplyDelete