Thursday 20 December 2012

My Favourite DJs of 2012 Part 2: Feel My Bicep...



I'd been following a blog called Feel My Bicep for quite some time. The DJ duo Bicep, who run it, would constantly unearth musical gems I'd never heard of, but loved all the same.

Then their productions started. Their sound is that of classic House, without sounding dated. A fresh new slant on yesterday's legacy. I'd downloaded a few of their mixes and vowed to see them in person.

That became reality when I visited Croatia for Electric Elephant, and there they were on the bill. I informed all of our party that I'd be going to see them when the time came. A few came with me, despite not having heard of Bicep. The low slung, slow House grooves won them over and they're now a firm favourite amongst my friends.

We were lucky enough to catch up with them again at this year's Warehouse Project in early December and they didn't fail to deliver the goods again. With that in mind, I'm extremely exited that I'll be able to check them out again on New Year's Day, again at the Warehouse Project.

So give yourself a workout and click the links or watch their stunning performance for Boilerroom TV, which you can find up there, above the words you're reading.

Taps aff!

No comments:

Post a Comment