Friday 21 December 2012

My Favourite DJs of 2012 Part 4: Aaaah Bisto...


Female DJs tend to get a bad rap, but a lot of them bring it on themselves. But don't take it from me, here's what Ibiza veteran DJ Clara Da Costa has to say on the matter:

"All of the female Dj´s I know well are really cool...........what is not cool is the whole glamour girl Dj thing........AND...I have not judged books by covers...if you know what I mean. I have checked a few links out and it seems they all play commercial noise using something or other to sync their mixes. Are there glamour boy Dj´s doing the same thing !!!!!! Oh and if you book me....I might wear a funky hat and smarten up sometimes but what I really wear is good old fashioned HOUSE MUSIC and jeans :o)"

 You see Clara, formerly known as Miss Bisto, eats, drinks, sleeps and breathes House music. No gimmicks, just honest to goodness House. You don't get to be such a well respected DJ in a climate like Ibiza by flashing the flesh and playing the latest big hits. 
 
Ask any of the island DJs and they all know Clara, for both her music and her sunny, but no nonsense disposition. She welcomes people who love the music, not fly by night, fame hungry wannabes.

A true champion of the underground, Clara presents her "Jack's House" show on the highly regarded Ibiza Sonica radio station, every Friday 5pm till 6pm (GMT), featuring guests from the world of House Music. You should check it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment